Free Company

Forums

Normal

Public

-

-

Mudfish: Cheap VPN For Better Internet Connection

Sigurd BrandrsonBalmung [Crystal]

You can see this as a kind of endorsement I guess.

What is a Gaming VPN? Gaming VPN is a service that redirect your internet traffic to use less nodes than normal basically, to make it generally faster and more stable.

This service is really useful for people who live far from the game's server (e.g, people who live in Australia and play in NA Server), or people who are having problem with one of their node (e.g, people who use comcast in US. I know that comcast is having problem connecting to Squeenix' NA server in Montreal because of their Level 3 node which is between the server and comcast).

WTFast is a famous one, and it works well, but it's pretty expensive since you pay flat monthly rate.

But these last few months, I've been using this Gamer VPN service called Mudfish, and it works really well. I barely ever have connection problem or lags anymore compared to back then (I live far away from NA), so I don't think it's placebo.

http://mudfish.net

(Continued below)
Reply to Thread
Comments (2)

Sigurd Brandrson

Balmung [Crystal]

The main thing about Mudfish is that it's based on traffic. Basically you buy a quota of, IIRC about 8 GB/ USD, and that quota will be reduced depending on your traffic. And MMO generally use very little traffic. I've been using Mudfish for 2 months and I don't think it even uses 1 GB yet.

Once again, this is a public service announcement mainly for people who live far away from NA Server, and people in NA who's having problem connecting to server because of Comcast's Level 3 node problem. If your connection is already good, I don't know if it'll make much difference honestly.

Sadly, I only know how to use VPN for PC, and I don't know if this would work for PS2.

Hopefully this is useful!
Reply to Comment

Othrael Beoulve

Goblin [Crystal]

Comcast drops me all the time. I may have to give this a try...
Reply to Comment

Community Wall

Recent Activity

Filter which items are to be displayed below.
* Notifications for standings updates are shared across all Worlds.
* Notifications for PvP team formations are shared for all languages.
* Notifications for free company formations are shared for all languages.

Sort by
Data Center / Home World
Primary language
Displaying