In order to play the Shadowbringers expansion, you must register the code you received alongside your purchase to your FINAL FANTASY XIV service account.
Even if you have registered a pre-order bonus code for early access, you will still need to redeem your full FINAL FANTASY XIV: Shadowbringers registration code or PSN product code to continue playing after the early access period.
* Shadowbringers registration codes can be redeemed on Mog Station and PSN starting from Monday, July 1, 2019 at 8:05 a.m. (PDT)
* Please note that if you have a character logged out in a Shadowbringers area after early access has ended on Friday, July 5, 2019 at 11:59 p.m. (PDT), you will not be able to log in with that character until you redeem your full Shadowbringers code.
Registration Codes and PSN Product Codes
What is a registration code?
A registration code is a 20-digit code that is used to register the Windows, Mac, or Steam version of a product to your service account via the Mog Station.This code can be found printed on the insert which comes inside the physical package, or sent in an email in the case of digital downloads. Steam users simply need to navigate to FINAL FANTASY XIV Online in their Steam game library, and select “CD Key” from the menu on the right to review their code. Registration codes cannot be reissued, so please store them carefully.
What is a PSN product code?
A PSN product code is a 12-digit code used to register the PlayStation®4 version of a product via the PlayStation™Network (PSN). This code can be found printed on the insert which comes inside the physical package. Promotion codes cannot be reissued, so please store them carefully.
Those who purchased the digital download version of the game will not need to manually redeem a product code as the full game entitlement was automatically linked to their Sony account at the time they purchased the game.
How to Register the Shadowbringers Expansion Pack
- Visit the Square Enix Support Center to learn how to redeem registration codes for Windows, Steam, Mac, and product codes on PS4.
Regarding the Game Client
Early Access Participants
Players who participated in early access are able to continue playing the expansion after the official release.
Users Starting on Launch Day
Windows / Mac / Steam Users
Users who have registered their Stormblood registration codes and are currently playing FINAL FANTASY XIV will have their game client updated automatically.
Users who do not have the FINAL FANTASY XIV client can download it via the method that matches their platform.
- Windows: https://sqex.to/ffxiv_client_en
- Steam: Download the FINAL FANTASY XIV client directly from your Steam Library.
- Mac: https://sqex.to/YuiNl
Launching FINAL FANTASY XIV Online will download and install the necessary files.