Patch 6.18 brings a number of additions and refinements to the game, including the Data Center Travel system and the new Japanese data center, Meteor.
* Updated Tuesday, July 5 at 3:00 a.m. (PDT).
FINAL FANTASY XIV Patch 6.18
Patch 6.18 contains content that can only be accessed by registering the expansion packs for FINAL FANTASY XIV to your service account. To distinguish between adjustments that are and are not affected by the registration of these expansions, the following notations will be used throughout the patch notes:
- These additions and adjustments only require the purchase of FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn and FINAL FANTASY XIV: Heavensward.
- These additions and adjustments require the purchase and registration of FINAL FANTASY XIV: Stormblood.
- These additions and adjustments require the purchase and registration of FINAL FANTASY XIV: Shadowbringers.
- These additions and adjustments require the purchase and registration of FINAL FANTASY XIV: Endwalker.
- These additions and adjustments contain elements that may require the purchase and registration of the expansion packs noted above.
The weekly restriction on receiving Unsung Blades of Asphodelos from Asphodelos: The Fourth Circle has been removed.
The following adjustments have been made to Pandæmonium: Asphodelos (Savage):
The item required to enhance weapons purchased with Allagan tomestones of astronomy, Radiant Roborant, can be purchased from the following vendor:
|Nesvaaz, Radz-at-Han (X:10.6 Y:10.0)
- After acquiring the items to enhance your equipment from J'lakshai, Wilmetta, or Nesvaaz, speak with Khaldeen in Radz-at-Han (X:10.9 Y:10.4) and exchange them for augmented gear of your choice.
The following adjustments have been made to PvP actions:
|Damage reduction of the Knight's Resolve effect has been reduced from 20% to 15%.
Marauder / Warrior
|Base potency has been increased from 400 to 500.
Maximum potency has been increased from 4,000 to 5,000.
|Base potency has been increased from 800 to 1,000.
Maximum potency has been increased from 8,000 to 10,000.
|Base potency has been increased from 4,000 to 6,000.
The threshold for reaching maximum potency has been changed from HP below 20% to HP below 25%.
|Base potency has been increased from 1 to 10,000.
|Potency has been increased from 6,000 to 7,000.
|Potency has been increased from 2,000 to 3,000.
Barrier potency of the Junction Tank bonus has been increased from 5,000 to 6,000.
Potency increase of the Junction DPS bonus has been changed from 4,000 to 5,000.
Cure potency of the Junction Healer bonus has been increased from 3,000 to 4,000.
|Duration of the Unsealed Seiton Tenchu effect has been reduced from 10 to 8 seconds.
|Now grants a movement speed increase when Overheated.
|Potency has been increased from 4,000 to 6,000.
Barrier potency has been increased from 4,000 to 6,000.
|Potency has been increased from 3,000 to 4,000.
|Potency has been increased from 5,000 to 6,000.
|Potency has been increased from 7,000 to 8,000.
|Damage bonus has been increased from 5% to 10%.
|Barrier potency has been reduced from 16,000 to 12,000.
|Enemies under the effect of Umbral Freeze will now be afflicted with a status ailment commensurate with the number of stacks accumulated.
1 stack: Heavy
2 stacks: Bind
3 stacks: Deep Freeze
|Base potency has been increased from 3,000 to 4,000.
Maximum potency has been increased from 6,000 to 8,000.
|Heavy effect is now only applied to the first target.
|Gravity II (When executed after Double Cast)
|Bind effect is now only applied to the first target.
Season One will end and Season Two will begin.
When the season ends, the top 100 ranking players from each data center will receive vouchers via the moogle delivery service.
Players finishing in bronze tier or higher can claim rewards by speaking with the Seasonal Quartermaster at the Wolves' Den Pier (X:4.9 Y:5.7).
Learn more about rewards.
* Tier rewards for Season One must be claimed before the end of Season Two.
Upon the commencement of Season Two, you will be placed five risers below your final placement in Season One, with zero Rising Stars.
* We are planning a number of adjustments for Patch 6.2, including further changes to the rate at which the limit gauge fills for each job, as well as damage modifiers.
The combat rank bonus for the limit gauge has been adjusted as follows:
2nd: Fills 1.25 times faster
3rd: Fills 1.5 times faster
|1st: Fills 0.75 times slower
3rd: Fills 1.25 times faster
Damage modifiers based on job have been adjusted as follows:
A new data center, Meteor, has been added to the Japanese region.
Following the addition of this new data center, Worlds across all Japanese data centers will be redistributed.
Learn more about the data center redistribution.
New Worlds have been added to the European data centers.
Chaos Data Center
Light Data Center
Learn more about the data center redistribution.
The Data Center Travel system has been implemented.
Using this new system, players can now travel between data centers to embark on adventures with players from those data centers.
Using the Data Center Travel System
- 1. From the Character Selection screen, choose a character and select Visit Another Data Center from the subcommand menu.
- 2. Select the data center and World to which you wish to travel.
- 3. On the final confirmation screen, select Proceed to return to the title screen and begin the data center traveling process.
- 4. Once Data Center Travel has been successfully completed, you may select the appropriate data center and World to log in.
* You may only travel to other data centers from your Home Data Center. If you wish to travel to a data center different from the one you are currently visiting, you must first return to your Home Data Center and submit a Data Center Visit request from there.
* Time required for data center travel may vary depending on congestion of your selected destination World.
* Data center travel cannot be canceled while it is in progress. Furthermore, the process will continue even in the event your connection is lost or the game client is forcibly closed. Upon logging back in, you will be prompted to wait until your character has finished traveling.
* Corrections have been made to the contents of the patch notes.
* Updated Tuesday, July 5 at 3:00 a.m. (PDT).
- Players visiting other data centers will have the "Traveler" title displayed on their nameplate.
* This title will be displayed when undertaking duties on the destination data center.
- This title will also be displayed in the friends list and in player searches under the Company column.
Certain features are unavailable or restricted when visiting another data center.
Disciples of the Land
- Legendary and unspoiled gathering nodes are inaccessible.
- Retainers cannot be summoned, hired, or released from service.
- Items cannot be put up for sale on the market board.
* Market board items can still be purchased.
- The following quests can only be accepted from your Home World:
An Ill-conceived Venture (Gridania, Limsa Lominsa, Ul'dah)
- Free companies cannot be formed or joined.
- Free company information cannot be viewed.
- Company credits cannot be earned.
- Free company chat cannot be used to send or receive messages.
- Linkshell information cannot be viewed.
- Linkshells cannot be created or joined.
- Linkshells cannot be used to send or receive messages.
- Cross-world linkshells cannot be formed.
* It is still possible to join cross-world linkshells, with a limit of 8 cross-world linkshells per data center.
- Travelers cannot be promoted to master of cross-world linkshells in the destination data center.
- Cross-world linkshells in different data centers cannot be used to send or receive messages.
- Fellowship information in your Home World cannot be viewed.
- Travelers cannot form or join fellowships in a different data center.
- Estates and apartments cannot be purchased.
- Residence sharing is unavailable.
- The quest "Bird in Hand" can only be accepted from your Home World.
- Ceremonies of Eternal Bonding are unavailable.
- Eternal Bonding quests are unavailable.
- Invitations to ceremonies cannot be offered to players in other data centers.
- Lord of Verminion tournaments cannot be entered.
- Triple Triad tournaments cannot be entered.
- Jumbo Cactpot tickets cannot be purchased or redeemed.
- Deep Dungeon results will not be saved to leaderboards.
- Crystalline Conflict ranked matches are unavailable.
- PvP team information cannot be viewed.
- PvP teams cannot be formed or joined.
- PvP teams cannot be used to send or receive messages.
Moogle Delivery Service
- The Moogle delivery service is unavailable.
* Letter notifications are unavailable outside of your Home Data Center.
- Eternity Rings may only be used when both players are on the same World.
- You can only use an Aetheryte Pendulum to teleport to the nearest aetheryte if both players are on the same World.
- You can only teleport to a friend's estate when you are on their Home World.
New and Preferred World Bonuses
- Bonuses will not be applied for visiting New or Preferred Worlds.
* If you are eligible for New or Preferred World bonuses in your Home World, these will still apply when visiting another World.
- The following issues have been addressed.
- An issue wherein contradictory dialogue appeared when speaking with F'lhaminn in Mor Dhona after completing the Ameliance custom delivery quests.
- An issue wherein contradictory dialogue appeared when speaking with Jesse in Rhalgr's Reach after completing the quest "Goodbye, ε̆│\̆│Δ."
- An issue when participating in Frontline campaigns wherein players under the effect of the white mage action Miracle of Nature were no longer affected by PvP damage modifiers.
- Other minor text issues have also been addressed.
Other various issues have also been addressed.
- An issue wherein the numbering of cross-world linkshells reverts to the order in which they were joined after using the Data Center Travel system and returning to your Home Data Center.