After a hard day’s worth of adventures, there’s no place like home. And if home is where the heart is then surely, the hearth of a Warrior of Light must match the heart of Hydaelyn’s chosen hero! We challenge adventurers across the realm to design your ideal living space, whether that’s in your private chambers or a large plot estate. Will you decorate with elegance and extravagance, or coziness and comfort?
Are you ready to put your interior design skills to the test? Entrants with the most original, distinct and creative designs will have a chance at winning an exciting assortment of in-game prizes!
* You are now free to make changes to your estate decor. Thank you for your patience.
* Updated Monday, October 29 at 3:00 a.m. (PDT)
FINAL FANTASY XIV Eorzean Interior Design Contest (THE “PROMOTION”) OFFICIAL RULES
A. Official Rules: The Official Rules for this Promotion consist of both (i) these key rules summarizing the important rules for participating in the Promotion (the “Key Rules”) and (ii) the Additional Promotion Official Rules (“Additional Rules”) applicable to your place of legal residence. Please review the Additional Rules at the following URL:
- For legal residents of any Promotion Jurisdiction (defined below) located in North America, Central America, South America, or the Caribbean:
- For legal residents of any Promotion Jurisdiction located in Europe, Africa, Asia, or Oceania:
B. Territories: This Promotion is open only to individuals who are legal residents and physically and permanently located in one of the following countries/territories at the date and time of entry (the “Promotion Jurisdiction”):
- The fifty (50) states of the United States of America, the District of Columbia, and Puerto Rico.
- Canada (excluding Quebec).
- Åland Islands, Albania, Algeria, Andorra, Angola, Australia, Austria, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Belarus, Belgium, Bhutan, Bosnia And Herzegovina, Botswana, Bouvet Island, British Indian Ocean Territory, Brunei Darussalam (Nr. Sri Lanka), Bulgaria, Burundi, Cameroon, Central African Republic, Chad, Christmas Island, Cocos (Keeling) Islands, Comoros, Congo, Congo, The Democratic Republic Of The, Cook Islands, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Djibouti, Egypt, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Estonia, Ethiopia, Faroe Islands, Fiji, Finland, France, French Guiana, French Polynesia, French Southern Territories (South Indian Ocean), Gabon, Georgia, Germany, Gibraltar, Greece, Greenland, Guernsey, Holy See (Vatican City State), Hungary, Iceland, India, Ireland, Isle Of Man, Israel, Italy, Jersey, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Kuwait, Kyrgyzstan, Latvia, Lesotho, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Macedonia, The Former Yugoslav Republic Of, Madagascar, Malawi, Maldives (Sri Lanka), Malta, Mauritania (West Africa), Mauritius, Mayotte, Monaco, Mongolia, Montserrat, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Nepal, Netherlands, New Caledonia (Australasia), New Zealand, Norfolk Island, Norway, Oman, Pakistan, Papua New Guinea, Poland, Portugal, Qatar, Réunion (S. Africa), Romania, Russian Federation, Saint Helena, Samoa, San Marino, Saudi Arabia, Serbia, Seychelles, Slovakia, Slovenia, South Africa, Spain, Swaziland, Sweden, Switzerland, Tajikistan, Tanzania, United Republic Of, Timor-Leste, Tokelau, Tonga, Tunisia, Turkey, Turkmenistan, Ukraine, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom, Yemen, Zambia
C. Age Limit:
This Promotion is open only to individuals 18 years of age or older at the date and time of entry.
D. Entry Period:
You may enter the Promotion only between July 25, 2018 at 3:00 a.m. (PT)/11:00 (BST) and August 27, 2018 at 2:59 a.m. (PT)/10:59 (BST) (the “Entry Period”).
E. Entry Procedure and Limitations:
In order to enter the Promotion, you must complete the following steps during the Entry Period:
Take screenshots (“Screenshots”) of your estate, including all the floors within the estate, from among the available size options: (i) private chambers/apartments, (ii) small plots, (iii) medium plots, or (iv) large plots that comply with the following requirements:
- Take the following number of Screenshots featuring your favorite aspects of your estate:
- Private Chambers/Apartments: Entries must include four (4) Screenshots.
- Small Plots: Entries must include six (6) Screenshots and the first floor and basement need to be showcased.
- Medium and Large Plots: Entries must include six (6) Screenshots and the first floor, second floor, and basement need to be showcased.
One screenshot may showcase multiple floors. You must still take the required amount of screenshots for your category.
- You may submit screenshots of a Free Company estate if you are a member of that Free Company.
- You may submit screenshots of a private estate if you are the owner or the estate is shared with you.
- Entries are limited to one piece per one single estate. If more than one entry is made for the same estate, only the first entry will be accepted.
- Do not make any changes to your estate until after Sponsor reveals the winning entries.
- You may not use the group pose in-game feature.
- You may not alter the images in any way.
- Player characters should not be visible in any of the Screenshots but vendor non-player characters are permitted to be shown.
- One (1) entry per category. If multiple submissions are entered, only the first submission will be valid in each category.
- Entrants may not delete nor edit their submissions.
With the above conditions in mind, submit your Screenshots to the official entry thread in the appropriate category along with the following information:
- Entry thread for Small Plot entries
- Entry thread for Medium Plot entries
- Entry thread for Large Plot entries
- Entry thread for Private Chambers/Apartments entries
- Your entry title (required)
- Name and the location of the estate (required)
- Example: FFXIV House – Mist – Ward 1, Plot 2
- An optional caption
- Your screenshots (required)
- Sponsor reserves the right to judge whether or not material is appropriate for public display.
- Sponsor reserves the right to remove or take down any content in its sole discretion.
- You must not include personal information such as your name or address in the body of your submission entry.
- You must possess an active Final Fantasy XIV account to be eligible to enter the Promotion.
- You must have access to a working internet connection in order to enter the Promotion.
- Sponsor shall not accept and may delete submissions that: (a) deviate from the established theme; (b) violate or infringe any laws, regulations, or rights, including any intellectual property, publicity, or privacy rights; (c) are missing required information; (d) are obscene, vulgar, discriminate, or contain any other offensive subject matter; (e) are counter to public order and/or morals; (f) Sponsor judges, in its sole discretion, to be inappropriate for any reason; (g) contain false or misleading information; (h) make unauthorized or fraudulent use of a third party’s name, email address, character name, or likeness; (i) are potentially defamatory; (j) that are of low resolution or otherwise difficult to see, hear, or evaluate; (k) violate any other rule or condition in these terms or on this webpage; and (l) are otherwise damaging or detrimental to Sponsor or any third party. Sponsor reserves the right to reject and/or delete any submissions for any other reason.
F. Winner Selection: The Sponsor (listed below), or Sponsor’s designee, shall select a total of two hundred (200) winners from among all entries using the following methodology:
- The FINAL FANTASY XIV development and operation teams will select two hundred (200) winners based on creativity, distinctiveness, originality, and overall execution according to the criteria listed above.
G. Prize(s):The two hundred (200) winners will each receive the following item:
- One (1) in-game item package that includes one (1) Gaelicap, one (1) Noble Barding chocobo barding, one (1) Ahriman Choker, one (1) Mandragora Choker, one (1) Bluebird Earring, and one (1) Scarf of Wondrous Wit (in-game virtual items with no monetary value).
- Prizes will be delivered to the character on the entrant’s forum handle in or around December 2018
H. Winner Notification: Sponsor, or Sponsor’s designee, will announce the winning entries via Lodestone topics in or around November. Winners will receive notification via an in-game message and via a post on the official forums.
I. Sponsor: The sponsor of this Promotion is Square Enix Limited.
By entering the Promotion, you agree to be bound and abide by these Key Rules and the Additional Rules applicable to your place of legal residence, and you represent that you satisfy all eligibility requirements to enter the Promotion.
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS PROMOTION. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. YOU MUST HAVE LEGALLY ACQUIRED ACCESS TO FINAL FANTASY XIV ONLINE PRIOR TO THE LAUNCH OF THE PROMOTION.