Get your Group Pose on!
Today I'm happy to introduce a handy new feature from Patch 3.1 that makes it much easier to finally get your wild FC-mates into a picture - the Group Pose!
For those who have no idea what I'm referring to, here's a basic breakdown:
- You can activate it by typing '/grouppose' or '/gpose' in the chat!
*But who has the time to sit there typing this out every time, right? We've got you covered. You can also set a simple key-bind!
- To cancel, simply press the A or X button or the escape key!
- When doing a group pose, all parties involved (player character, party members, alliance members, chocobos, minions) will face the camera and repeat the last general or expression emote used!
- Depth of field will also be enabled when using the group pose feature.
With this depth of field effect, your screenshots will change from this...
Up until now it's been tricky to take well-timed screenshots with all players in a group striking poses or using emotes, but not any more! The ingenious group pose feature has made these worries a thing of the past!
Here's a simple way to get things going:
1. Party up with players you want to take screenshots with
2. Use the emote you'd like to take a picture of
- Super important - every member of the party has to use an emote.
Make sure that you all use the emotes you'd like to be featured in the group pose! Only the last emote executed will be used in the group pose.
- You can also combine facial expressions with moving emotes. You don't need to worry about the order, simply use both the expression and the moving emote you'd like to be featured.
- And when you're done, the /sit command can cancel the group picture as well!
3. Call forth your minions and chocobo companions
- You don't need to do this to perform a group pose, but can be great when you want some more lively shots!
4. Type in either '/grouppose' or '/gpose'
Depth of field will be enabled and both chocobo companions and minions will face the camera automatically
The emotes will keep on being repeated, so you can have plenty of chances to get the perfect shot!
Whether you want to take some photos for memories with your party members, or simply want to take a cool shot of your own character, the group pose is the feature for you!
Apparently, the group pose was worked on in secret by dev team members calling themselves the screenshot alliance. Who knows what they're planning for the future!